Thursday, August 2, 2018

Meet the Teacher Night

Dear Parents and Guardians,

Welcome to Mrs. Conforti’s and Mrs. LaVell’s Fourth Grade class! This is your official classroom assignment notification. We are so happy to have your student in our class! We hope to see everyone at Meet the Teacher Night tonight, August 2nd, 2018. Students should bring all school supplies to this event. (Please do not label supplies! Our supplies are communal.) Please note that there are two sessions:


Last name beginning A-M—5:30-6:30

Last name beginning N-Z—6:30-7:30


We look forward to meeting everyone tonight!


About Us:

My name is Mrs. Conforti, and this is my first year teaching 4th grade at Archway Arete. I had the privilege of coming to Archway Arete as an Apprentice Teacher for 5th grade half way through the year in January, and I’m very excited to be expanding my role this year! Before that, I was working as a K-12 school portrait photographer at different schools across the valley after I earned a Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism with a minor in English Literature from The Walter Cronkite School at Arizona State University. My time spent covering education as an undergraduate reporter and as a school photographer helped strengthen my desire to be in the classroom where I could work more closely and personally with students.

Since coming to Great Hearts, I have found a natural home that values commitment to shaping both hearts and minds with an eye to virtue, while holding truth, beauty, and goodness to exceptional standards. The love I have for teaching and for empowering younger generations is the driving force behind my excitement for this school year, and I am humbled by the opportunity to foster a love of learning in our classroom. I look forward to getting to know you and work with you this year to ensure your child’s success! In my spare time, I enjoy reading and doing yoga. I was recently married in April to my husband, Anthony, who is attending his first year of medical school. As busy newlyweds, we love to spend our weekends relaxing together with our cat, Achilles!

My blog (conforti4c.blogspot.com) will feature lots of helpful information for parents and students throughout the year, so please check it regularly for new updates and information on what is happening in our classroom! You are also welcome to subscribe to our class blog to ensure you never miss an update!

The best way to get in touch with me is by email—I check my email regularly throughout the weekday. Please feel free to email me at TMartin@ArchwayArete.org with your questions, comments, or concerns. (Please note that as I was recently married, my email address is my first initial and maiden last name “Martin”; I apologize in advance for any confusion this may cause.)

I am delighted to have your student in our class, and I thank you in advance for your support and partnership in the upcoming year.


Kindest Regards,

Mrs. Conforti




Hello!

I am Mrs. LaVell and I will be the Assistant Teacher in Mrs. Conforti’s 4C classroom. This is my second year at Archway Arete and I am looking forward to a great year with 4th grade!

I am originally from St. Paul, MN where I was an attorney and worked in environmental cleanup and litigation for over 12 years before moving to the Valley with my husband Tom to be a full time mom and raise our family. We have two Arete Prep students, and I have also been a classroom mom and volunteer at Arete for many years before joining the faculty.

I am very excited about the beginning of this school year, and look forward to helping your child have a pleasant and successful fourth grade experience.


Rachel LaVell

RLavell@ArchwayArete.org