Sunday, May 19, 2019

Week of May 20-24

Families of 4C,

My sentiments will be particularly gushy this week, as we head into the final week of the 2018-2019 academic year. It has truly been a wonderful school year with all of your children, and we have certainly been through growth and many changes, both as a class and as individuals. I feel exceedingly fortunate and blessed to have been given the group of wonderful thinkers and achievers that make up this year's 4C cohort. I could not have hand-selected a more fitting group of students to have in my first class as a new teacher, and I'm thankful to have gotten to know each of them, and you, this year. Thank you, parents, for supporting our students and our classroom this year. I consider myself lucky to have been absorbed into the Archway Arete family!

This week will not be typical like the others we have had this year; however, we will be keeping with the theme of sharing our love of knowledge and learning with one another! Assignments in class this week will be largely based on participation, and it is my goal to have as little homework as possible.

Monday and Tuesday will be full days, and Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are all half days.

On Wednesday, students will be cleaning out everything from their desks and taking their items home.
On Thursday, we will be doing virtue shoutouts for everyone in our class!
On Friday, we will be having our class celebration and signing yearbooks (sign-up to help with the class party will be sent Monday)! Friday is also a SPIRIT WEAR day!

In my early preparations for the next school year, I am wanting to gauge interest in weekly grade reports. Please take a moment to fill out this google form with your input regarding grade reports, so I may improve the experience for the parents of my students next year. Thanks! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_TbhWSEEDjzThS-QIzXwwznW6VayMeuY4_nA5E7DoZZh9oA/viewform?usp=sf_link


This Week:

Science: On Monday, students will be presenting their health brochures if they would like to. All final brochures are due Monday, though presenting is completely optional.

Poetry: Any students who did not get to recite their poem on Friday will finish reciting on Monday.

Math: For math, we will be reviewing any concepts students would like to spend more time reviewing by doing extra practice as a class. We do not have any more math tests for this year.

Grammar/Writing: For writing, students will practice some creative writing using previous Spalding words, but there will be no new Spalding words this week.

Idioms/Proverbs: Students will be learning new idioms and proverbs, as well as doing some socratic seminars on virtue.

Literature: This week, we will be reading Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh!


If you've made it this far in my final blog post of the year, I also implore you to encourage any of your kids to join yearbook club next year! I'm looking for a group of creative and hardworking fifth graders to help me next year (especially those interested in photography and/or writing), and I know many of our kiddos in 4C this year would add incredible value to that team! ;)



Have a marvelous Summer!

--Mrs. Conforti